Friday, October 30, 2015

NHS Annual Meeting -- An Incredible Event!

On Tuesday, October 27, 2015, NHS hosted its 36th Annual Meeting. NHS would like to give a huge thank you to everyone who attended the event.

A special thank you also goes to our Presenting Sponsor, JPMorgan Chase, as well as the Benefactors, Patrons, and Friends who have supported this year's event. Their faith in NHS and their financial support made this year's Annual Meeting one of our best.



Incredible Speakers:


This year's program was full of incredible speakers who have not only used our services, but who continue to support NHS and strive to spread the word about our programs. We even had a surprise visit from New Haven Mayor, Toni Harp!

Lauren Blonde, NHS Volunteer
A senior at Yale majoring in Architecture with a concentration in Urban Studies. "For three years I have worked at NHS with the FOCUS on New Haven program. I love being able to contribute to NHS, making New Haven stronger, and creating a model for neighborhood cooperation. I study architecture because I am interested in how we can use small-scale design to improve quality of life, and NHS is crucial to New Haven as a facilitator of better homeownership, neighborhood engagement, and the power of collective action."


Monika Mittelhölzer, NHS Homeowner
"I am a transplanted New Yorker, living in CT for 13 years now. I followed my job to Yale from NYU in New York. I am having fun with my house, which sometimes I almost can’t believe I’m in! It has been very good working with NHS. I started a couple years ago with Clara and now it seems like I know almost everyone at NHS. Everyone has always been very cordial with my various cries for help. Pep is my “go-to” guy!"
Hope Morris, NHS Homeowner
I truly enjoy working with Neighborhood Housing Services of New Haven. They really made a big change in my life.

A note from NHS: Hope’s ribbon-cutting was on October 27, 2014 -- exactly one year ago today. We congratulate Hope on her first year as a homeowner and welcome her into the NHS family!
Mayor Toni Harp
“Homeownership…stabilizes neighborhoods,” Mayor Harp noted in her speech. “But beyond stabilizing neighborhoods, it actually stabilizes families, because this is an investment that transcends from one generation to another."
State Senator Gary Winfield
“I just wanted to come here tonight to thank NHS for the things that people don’t always thank you for. Thank you for those things that aren’t the ones we always recognize. Thank you for empowering people to have voice.”





Great Food:

The Big Green Pizza Truck was a huge hit with our guests. The staff was energetic, the music was lively, and the pizza was delicious! There were guests clamoring for more of their unique and creative dishes, such as mashed potato & bacon, buffalo chicken, and the most popular: shrimp florentine.

We are also incredibly grateful to Jody Lydic, founder of Lovin' from the Oven Cupcakes. Her desserts were raved about throughout the evening and gone before we knew it!


Thank You to our Sponsors:




1 comment:

  1. Congrats on a successful event! What a great way to recognize achievements made. I wish I could have been present, but I'm glad to have been able to watch a fun video!

    ReplyDelete

Neighborhood Housing Services Logo

Neighborhood Housing Services Logo
NHS Logo

CB&O Weekly Newsletter Ed. 6 (July 31 – August 10)

NHS Sixth Newsletter by Will Taft on Scribd